Media Library Introduction
The Spur Media Library has been updated to enhance the user experience for the end users when handling media. Improvements include:
- Multi-file or single file upload
- Embedded file previews from Media Library home
- New process on selecting media or uploading media while creating content
- New Asset Source field
- Crop available after upload, creating duplicate asset
- Max file size: 20MB
- Max number of files allowed per upload: 10
When a site is selected, the media library allows users to upload and manage images and documents specific to the selected site. Items can be displayed in two different views: list and grid. Users can also filter the media library using the search box at the top of the page. The buttons on the bottom of the images allow users to edit, see usages of media items and delete media from the media library.
Media Library Home
The media library allows for users to view all media available to a specific site.
Media Library Guide
1. Open the Media Library Tab
2. Select "Add New Media Item" in the upper right Corner
3. Select Media Type
Options include: Multi-File/Single File Upload, Embedded Item, or Wrangler Item
Helpful Tips & Tricks
Optimizing Media for Spur
Why is it important to optimize media?
- Media makes up a significant percentage of a web page's overall weight
- Improves page loading speed
- If a page or document takes too long to load or download, the website visitor will navigate away from the web page
- Improves SEO
- Search engines rank slow sites lower
Modify or Replace Media
Modifying or replacing media items allows users to keep the most current version of the files available in the media library.
- Select desired media item to modify
- Check “Change” if replacing media
- Select new media to upload
- Modify name, description, and keywords as needed
- Select Save Media Item